VR Tourviewer for Rift is a made specifically to watch mono- and stereoscopic 360 degrees panorama tours with the Oculus Rift.
Currently tours created with Pano2VR are supported, only basic krpano support has been added.
- The app uses gazing/staring for 2 seconds at a hotspot, clicking on the Gear touchpad is used in the menu area.
- A short press on the ‘back’ or ‘home’ button switches between menu and the loaded tour.
- To add an online tour, use the + in the menu area, it will show a VR keyboard to enter the URL address to a tour
Create your own tours with Pano2VR:
Use Pano2VR to generate a tour, you can add a second HTML output if you want to keep one project file and use it for both web output and VR output.
- If you have a stereoscopic tour, in Pano2VR add a Tag called ‘stereo’ in User Data in at least one panorama (best practice to use the 1st panorama for this). VR Tourviewer needs this tag to display the tour in stereo
- Use output to HTML5, with the cardboard.ggsk (or stare.ggsk) skin
- in ‘HTML’ settings click the Tools icon and check ‘Nodes are stereo pairs’ if your tour is stereoscopic, always uncheck ‘Embedded XML’
- Use Single resolution output (for fastest loading times): In HTML Output ‘Image’ use ‘Single Res’, for optimal results use a Cube Face Size of 1536px
- For Multi resolution output: In HTML Output ‘Image’ use ‘Multi Res’, for optimal results use a tilesize of 510, and make sure there is a level with width of 1536px
- The generated XML file will be used by the app to find the images to load and to show the tour
The following features aren’t implemented (yet): polygon hotspots, skins, auto rotation (would cause instant nausea), auto change, transitions (nausea alarm too), context menu, control, preview. Please keep these limitations these in mind when creating/generating the output for VR Tourviewer.
Add tours on your device for offline viewing:
- For offline viewing: the app creates a ‘VRTourviewer’ (case sensitive) folder. Copy your complete tours (including subfolders) to that folder, you can use subfolders to easily organize them.
- Setting initial view of panorama (<view> pannorth and/or <view><start> pan)
- Support for additional lensflare types, now only one type (a default Asset in Unity) is used
Note that you can purchase a white label version with customized splashscreen, logo, launcher icon, hotspot colors, and even a custom panorama as the background of the menu area, tailored for your business, project or product. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-05-17: Updated to 0.4 build 95 – fixed connection issues with VR Tourviewer Remote for Windows
2017-10-16: Updated to 0.5 build 118 – added basic support for krpano VR tours (krpano 1.19 with VR-OPT applet)
2017-10-16: Updated to 0.5 build 124 – added support for 360 video (Pano2VR)
2018-08-21: Updated to 0.5 build 185 – added support for polygonal hotspots, added pagination to allow more than 9 tours in each menu section, fixed north issues