VR Tourviewer for Rift is a made specifically to watch mono- and stereoscopic 360 degrees panorama tours with the Oculus Rift.
Currently tours created with Pano2VR are supported, only basic krpano support has been added.
- Oculus Touch button A: activate a hotspot or menu choice, button B: switch between loaded tour and menu
- To add an online tour, use the menu button ≡ to open the settings menu and choose ‘Add online tour’
Create your own tours with Pano2VR:
Use Pano2VR to generate a tour, you can add a second HTML output if you want to keep one project file and use it for both web output and VR output.
- If you have a stereoscopic tour, in Pano2VR add a Tag called ‘stereo’ in User Data in at least one panorama (best practice to use the 1st panorama for this). VR Tourviewer needs this tag to display the tour in stereo
- Use output to HTML5
- in ‘HTML’ settings click the Tools icon and make sure you uncheck ‘Embedded XML’
- Use Single resolution output (for fastest loading times): In HTML Output ‘Image’ use ‘Single Res’, for optimal results use a Cube Face Size of 1536px
- For Multi resolution output: In HTML Output ‘Image’ use ‘Multi Res’, for optimal results use a tilesize of 510, and make sure there is a Level with width of 1536px
- The generated XML file will be used by the app to find the images to load and to show the tour
The following features aren’t implemented (yet): skins, auto rotation (would cause instant nausea), auto change, transitions (nausea alarm too), context menu, control, preview.
Please keep these limitations these in mind when creating/generating the output for VR Tourviewer.
Add tours on your device for offline viewing:
- For offline viewing: the app creates a ‘VRTourviewer’ (case sensitive) folder, by default here: C:\Program Files\VR Tourviewer Rift\VR Tourviewer Rift_Data\VRTourviewer\
- Copy your complete tours (including subfolders) to that folder, you can use subfolders to easily organize them.
Note that you can purchase a white label version with customized splashscreen, logo, launcher icon, hotspot colors, and even a custom panorama as the background of the menu area, tailored for your business, project or product. Click here for more information.