shopify analytics ecommerce tracking
VR Tourviewer Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Support / General Discussion / Re: Video Issue
« Last post by kirkpro7 on November 05, 2019, 00:54:35 »
Sorry about the delay, I missed your reply. Iím sending a sample video over now. Iíve tried 4 or 5 different videos shot on two different cameras (Insta360 and Ricoh Theta X). Iím using the Rift S. The videos play fine in other programs on the Rift, just not through VRTourviewer.

Hi Kirk,

Could you share the video so I can have a look? You can send it using WeTransfer to info@vrtourviewer.com
Which VR device are you using?
Support / General Discussion / Re: Most wanted features
« Last post by Jackson on October 29, 2019, 11:20:55 »
Here's my most wanted features:

1) Caching of loaded images to make transitions from one 'location' to another seamless
2) Zoom and fade of a new image, to create the impression of really moving there. Pano2VR does this really nicely.

I just wanted to add my enthusiastic support of this feature request! I think this would be a total game changer for VR Tourviewer.
Note that if you want to use patches with correct stereo depth, you will need to create a separate patch for each eye.
To add these you would have to use the 'old fashioned' way of creating a stereo tour, by creating a node for each eye.

Ie:
- node 1 is panorama A, left eye
- node 2 is panorama A, right eye
- node 3 is panorama B, left eye
- node 4 is panorama B, right eye, etc. etc.

For the browser, you would then have to choose the cardboard HTML template, and edit the properties to check 'Nodes are stereo pairs'.
For VR Tourviewer you will need to add a 'stereo' User Data Tag, so the app knows this tour uses stereo pairs.

As long as the patch doesn't include items that are relatively close to the camera (and will have a large 'stereo separation') you can get away with using a monoscopic patch.
Hi,

I've been able to reproduce the issue.
Apparently the video spere that is used to project the 360 video on has a mapping that is shifted about 2.35 degrees. This will be fixed in the next update of VR Tourviewer.
Support / General Discussion / Re: Video Issue
« Last post by Ruud van Reenen on October 28, 2019, 21:27:25 »
Hi Kirk,

Could you share the video so I can have a look? You can send it using WeTransfer to info@vrtourviewer.com
Which VR device are you using?
Support / General Discussion / Video Issue
« Last post by kirkpro7 on October 26, 2019, 01:24:37 »
I have a 360 video to start my tour. The video plays, but it is playing at 1/2 speed. Iíve tried a couple of different encoding options (including H.264 and H.265). The video players correctly in a browser, but doesnít work in VRTourviewer. Any thoughts?
« Last post by Ruud van Reenen on October 22, 2019, 13:06:23 »
Thanks for reporting!
I've added support for the Hungarian characters in the next update.
« Last post by szilard on October 22, 2019, 12:21:42 »
Hey!

I forgot something I'd really like to see: there are some characters that won't show in names or in the info box, like ű, ő, and in my language (hungarian) these are used regularly. Is this something you can add, or is it something Pano2VR has to add?
Thanks for reporting!

Could you share an example of the stereo video with the patch that is slightly off? Would be very helpful if you could share the Pano2VR project that shows this behaviour. If you can, please send it using WeTransfer to info@vrtourviewer.com

Anyway another problem I have is hotspots to pictures, info hotspots, popup video and image only show in left eye when I'm on a video. Hotspots to another stereo video show just fine, patches as well. Will this be fixed when single node stereo support arrives?

Note that currently for stereo tours VR Tourviewer expects two nodes per panorama, one for the left eye and one for the right eye. The right eye node requires the same hotspots and other items as the left eye node. Items can be easily copied between nodes using the List View in Pano2VR.

The next update of VR Tourviewer will indeed support single node stereoscopic panoramas, so you won't have to use two nodes for each panorama anymore then. The update is expected to be ready in the next few weeks.
Support / General Discussion / Re: Stereo video hotspot and patch problems
« Last post by szilard on October 16, 2019, 13:30:30 »
Another question I have, I also have another video, which refuses to play ever since I made the tour stereo. Before that it worked perfectly, but now I have 2 videos in a stereo tour and only the first plays. Deleting the node and reimporting did not solve this.

This was fixed by having a dummy node next to the video node. Like with mono panoramas. My bad for not thinking about this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]