Add tours on Oculus Go/Quest storage
You can store tours on your VR device for quicker viewing and for offline use.
First run VR Tourviewer at least once, so the ‘VRTourviewer’ folder can be created on your device.
- Connect your Oculus VR device to your PC with a micro USB cable.
- Put on your headset, you will have to give your PC permission to gain access. Select Allow Access to Data.
- Once you are connected to your PC, the Autoplay feature should open. If it does, select Open Device to View Files.
- If Autoplay does not start, you can manually browse to Oculus VR device Storage through File Explorer. It will be named VR-Headset for Oculus Go, or Quest for Oculus Quest.
- Once you have the folder VR-Headset or Quest open, select Internal Shared Storage.
- Open the folder named VRTourviewer.
- You can now drag and drop (or copy and paste) your Pano2VR tour output into the ‘VRTourviewer’ folder, you can use subdirectories to easily organize your tours.
- Download the File Transfer Tool from Android and install it on your Mac.
- Connect your Oculus VR device to your Mac with a micro USB cable.
- Open the File Transfer Tool you just installed.
- Put on your headset, to give your computer permission to gain access. Select Allow Access to Data.
- A folder named VR-Headset for Oculus Go, or Quest for Oculus Quest should automatically open
- Now open the folder called VRTourviewer.
- You can now drag and drop (or copy and paste) your Pano2VR tour output directly into this folder, you can use subdirectories to easily organize your tours.
If your Oculus VR device headset is not appearing as a drive on your Windows PC:
- Make sure to use the included USB cable from your Oculus VR device package, a general USB cable might be for charging only.
- Make sure to select Accept in VR to allow your computer to access files on your headset.
- Update your device driver:
- From your PC desktop, right click on This PC or My Computer.
- Select Manage and then Device Manager
- If you don’t see the Manage option, just select Device Manager directly.
- Select to expand Oculus Devices or Portable Devices.
- Right click on Oculus Composite ADB Interface and select Update Driver.
- Select the Browse my computer option, then the Let me pick from a list option.
- Select MTP USB Device and then select Next to complete the update.
If the VRTourviewer folder doesn’t exist on the Oculus VR device:
It’s possible that the app doesn’t have read/write permissions for storage. To enable this: put on the Oculus VR headset and go to the Oculus Library. Find the tile/preview image of the VR Tourviewer app and click the three dots … at the lower right of the image, then choose ‘Permissions’. Then enable the ‘Storage’ permission and restart the VR Tourviewer app.