Add tours on Oculus Go/Quest storage
First run VR Tourviewer at least once, so the ‘VRTourviewer’ folder can be created on your device.
- Connect your Oculus VR device to your PC with a micro USB cable.
- Put on your headset, you will have to give your PC permission to gain access. Select Allow Access to Data.
- Once you are connected to your PC, the Autoplay feature should open. If it does, select Open Device to View Files.
- If Autoplay does not start, you can manually browse to Oculus VR device Storage through File Explorer. It will be named VR-Headset for Oculus Go, or Quest for Oculus Quest.
- Once you have the folder VR-Headset or Quest open, select Internal Shared Storage.
- Open the folder named VRTourviewer.
- You can now drag and drop (or copy and paste) your tours directly into this folder
- Download the File Transfer Tool from Android and install it on your Mac.
- Connect your Oculus VR device to your Mac with a micro USB cable.
- Open the File Transfer Tool you just installed.
- Put on your headset, to give your computer permission to gain access. Select Allow Access to Data.
- A folder named VR-Headset for Oculus Go, or Quest for Oculus Quest should automatically open
- Now open the folder called VRTourviewer.
- You can now drag and drop (or copy and paste) your tours directly into this folder.
If you’re Oculus VR device headset is not appearing as a drive on your Windows PC:
- Make sure to use the included USB cable from your Oculus VR device package, a general USB cable might be for charging only.
- Make sure to select Accept in VR to allow your computer to access files on your headset.
- Update your device driver:
- From your PC desktop, right click on This PC or My Computer.
- Select Manage and then Device Manager
- If you don’t see the Manage option, just select Device Manager directly.
- Select to expand Oculus Devices or Portable Devices.
- Right click on Oculus Composite ADB Interface and select Update Driver.
- Select the Browse my computer option, then the Let me pick from a list option.
- Select MTP USB Device and then select Next to complete the update.
If the VRTourviewer folder doesn’t exist on the Oculus VR device:
It’s possible that the app doesn’t have read/write permissions for storage. To enable this: put on the Oculus VR device and VR device to the Oculus Library. Find the tile/preview image of the VR Tourviewer app and click the three dots … at the lower right of the image, and click ‘Permissions’. Then enable the ‘Storage’ permission and restart the VR Tourviewer app.