How Can We Help?
How to change the account on my Oculus Go?
You can change the Oculus account on your Oculus Go only be performing a factory reset. This deletes all data from your Go.
If you have a licensed version of VR Tourviewer (or a custom VR app based on VR Tourviewer), your license will not be lost.
Licenses are based on the device serial number, this number doesn’t change with a factory reset.
When you install the VR app again after the factory reset, and run it with an internet connection available, your license will be activated again automatically.
To make sure you don’t lose any tours, Use the following steps:
- Copy the VRTourviewer folder and/or the storage folder(s) of your custom VR app(s) to a PC or Mac.
- You can now perform the factory reset.
Setup your Oculus Go using the Oculus app on a phone:
- Plug the charging cord into your Oculus Go Headset and a power source to begin charging it. The charging indictor will turn green once it is fully charged.
- Download and open the Oculus app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your phone to your headset and your headset to your WiFi network.
- Continue through the on-screen instructions to pair your controller with your headset.
- For an optimal experience, wait until your Oculus Go Headset is fully charged before wearing it
INSTALL VR Tourviewer aGAIN:
- To install VR Tourviewer on your Go, you can get a Redeem Code here: https://www.vrtourviewer.com/download/
- Add the Redeem Code to your Oculus account, and install VR Tourviewer
- Copy the VRTourviewer folder back to the Oculus Go
- If you have a VR Tourviewer and/or Remote license, it will automatically be activated when you run the app again with an internet connection available.
Install your custom VR app again:
- To get access to the app with the new Oculus account, the email address of the account has to be added to the Oculus Release Channel of your app. To do this please send an email with the name of your app and the new email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll then receive an invitation from Oculus to join the Release Channel on that email address, please confirm the invitation by clicking a link in that email.
- After you’ve confirmed the invitation your custom app will be added to the Oculus Library in ‘Not Installed’. You can click on it to install. It can take a few minutes before it shows up, if it takes too long you can try to restart the VR device.
- Your license will automatically be retrieved when you run your app again with an internet connection available.