How to export a tour with Pano2VR for VR Tourviewer?
VR Tourviewer can display any tour with HTML5 output from Pano2VR.
But for optimal viewing in VR Tourviewer, you can use the following settings, where the size of 2048 pixels is recommended, both for single resolution and multi resolution output:
- Use output to HTML5. If you want to keep your current tour output settings, you can add a second HTML output and keep separate settings for web output and VR output.
- For Single resolution output: In HTML Output ‘Image’ use ‘Single Res’, for optimal results use a Cube Face Size of 2048px.
- For Multi resolution output: In HTML Output ‘Image’ use ‘Multi Res’, for optimal results use a tile size of 510, and make sure there is a level with width of 2048px.
- If you have a stereoscopic tour, in Pano2VR add a Tag called ‘stereo’ in User Data in at least one panorama (best practice to use the 1st panorama for this). VR Tourviewer needs this tag to display the tour in stereo. Note that to be able to export a stereo tour you need Pano2VR Pro.
- Generate output for your tour (by clicking the gear icon, or ALT-click to generate all outputs). The generated XML file will be used by the app to find the images, hotspots, media and lens flares to load and show the tour.
Note: the following features aren’t implemented (yet): skins, auto rotation (would cause instant nausea), auto change, transitions (nausea alarm too), context menu, control, preview. Please keep these limitations in mind when creating/generating the output for VR Tourviewer.