Install VR Tourviewer on Oculus Quest
You can get it here: Download VR Tourviewer for Quest
The app isn’t available in the Oculus Store/Library yet, so to install it, you have to ‘side load’ it to your Oculus Quest manually. This is a bit technical, so if you have any questions about this process, please post them on the forum. There’s no estimate yet if and when VR Tourviewer will be available for Quest through the Oculus Store.
VR Tourviewer for Quest is also available on SideQuest!
First Time Setup
Step A: Enable Developer Mode
Put the headset in developer mode to be able to sideload to it. To do this, you have to be a registered “developer”. This process is free.
Go to dashboard.oculus.com on your PC and create an ‘organization’. You’ll be asked to accept the developer agreement.
Now that you’re a “developer”, open the Oculus app on your smartphone or tablet. Make sure you have enabled Wifi, location and Bluetooth so the Oculus app can find your Quest headset. In the Settings tab, tap on the headset and tap ‘More settings’. In the list, you should now see Developer Mode. If you don’t see developer mode, try rebooting your phone and the headset. Enable Developer Mode.
Step B: Install The Drivers & ADB
Install the PC driver to allow your PC to install apps on the standalone VR headset.
Download the driver from Oculus.com. When the download finishes, extract the zip file into a folder. Now right click on android_winusb.inf and click Install.
Finally, you need to download ADB. ADB is the software which lets PCs transfer and install apps onto Android-based devices like Oculus standalone headsets.
Extract the contents of the platform-tools folder to an easy to find folder on your PC, such as C:\ADB. You’ll need to type out the path to this folder when sideloading, so putting the file near the root of your drive saves typing time later.
How To Install OR UPDATE VR TOURVIEWER
Follow these steps to install an app:
- Download VR Tourviewer for Quest here.
- Make sure your headset is connected to your PC via USB (with an USB-C to USB A cable, not included with the Quest).
- Put on the Quest to confirm the connection with the PC, then put it off again.
- Right click on the Windows Start button at the bottom left of your screen and click Command Prompt (Administrator).
- Enter the CD command to navigate to the folder you extracted the contents of the ADB download to. Example:
- Enter the adb install -r command followed by the full path to the VR Tourviewer installation file that you downloaded in step 1. The VR Tourviewer app ends in .apk. Example:
adb install -r C:\Users\YourName\Downloads\VR-Tourviewer-Quest-1-1-248.apk
How To Launch VR TOURVIEWER
When you put on your headset, you should see a new section in your Library called Unknown Sources. This will contain the VR Tourviewer app and any other VR apps you installed using ADB. Click it to start the app. If you don’t see ‘Unknown Sources’ after a successful ADB installation of the VR Tourviewer app, please reboot the Quest. The section ‘Unknown Sources’ should now show in your Oculus Library.